Thursday, July 10, 2008

Jean Paul Gaultier Couture Fall 2008


A really intriguing ensemble with a cropped jacket with oversized faggotting and a ruffled top.



Amazing pleating on this coat. See detail below.




Unusual details, such as a metal lapel mesh a la Whiting & Davis, and a really nice mesh scarf with pearls.




A tour de force with bias tubing. Herringbone Battenburg in effect.




I rather like all the little straps with the top showing beneath.



Interesting coat with what looks like another metal mesh for the midriff section.



I love this knitted piece! Shades of the White Queen Through the Looking Glass.



Very Orientale smoking jacket with metal mesh harem pants.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger AllisonC said...

What a fabulously inspiring blog this is, so glad to have discovered it, I could (will) spend hours going through all these lovely details! I adore the jacket with the bias tubing.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Gry said...

Great blog. I love the jacket with faggotting - which is why I started looking for more pictures and realised that these pictures are from the Jean Paul Gaultier Couture collection and not by John Galliano. I often confuse the two designers, because their names are similar. I am glad I am not the only one :-)

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home